In today's world, almost everyone has a computer and important files they want to keep secret from the other people, not everyone knows how to password protect a folder in windows 11.
Here’s how to password protect a folder in Windows 11, so you can put your own files to protect them –
How To Lock a Folder With a Password in Windows 11
1. Right-click within the folder and select "New" where the files you want to protect are located. The folder you want to hide can also be on your desktop.
2. Click on “Text Document" and name it as "lockfolder".
3. Double click the lockfolder to open it up.
4. Paste the below text in to the new document.
title Folder Locker
if EXIST “Control Panel.21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Locker goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure u wish to Lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Locker “Control Panel.21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D”
attrib +h +s “Control Panel.21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to Unlock folder
otherwise %pass%==Your-Password-Here goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “Control Panel.21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D”
ren “Control Panel.21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D” Locker
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Locker created successfully
5. Find where it says “Your-Password-Here” in the document and replace it with your own password.
6. Click on the File menu and go to Save as .
7. Choose “Save as type” as the "All Files"
8. Change the file name to “lockfolder.bat” - click Save and exit the file.
9. Now Double-click the lockfolder.
10. Just move all your important files to the private folder
11. Open the lockfolder file, because it’s time for you to lock that folder up!
12. Type “Y” in to the screen and press enter on your keyboard.
13. To unlock the folder, double-click “lockfolder” to open it.
14. Enter the password and press on Enter.
15. The lockfolder will open up and you can see all your hidden files once again.
Watch the tutorial on YouTube.